Friday, September 22, 2006

I've printed out a copy of The Night Nurse. This may not seem like a big deal, and in the grand scheme of things, it's not. But it's important right now because I want to make a short version of it first, before I make the feature.

What I'm going to do is pretty simple: I'm going to read the script, and figure out what I want to go into the short. I figure I'm actually going to have to take scenes and do some major re-writing before I get what I want. And then, if I can say what I want in 20 minutes or so, does that mean it's not a viable feature? Well, no, I don't think so. But it does beg the question.

I'm also going to let my best friend read the feature script. She's read the first draft, and wanted me to write a business plan to get funding. I want her to read the latest draft - the 5th - so she can see where I've gone with the story. Once I get an OK from her, I think I'll start on getting the money together for the short.

1 Comments:

Blogger wa11z said...

I'll be very interested in hearing about how you come up with the money. It will be a learning experience for me.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home