Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Okay, this may not make the most sense, but then, my readership ain't exactly huge, so I can get away with not making sense all the time, capiche?

So I'm in film school now, and I've already done a short film. You'll see it eventually. The point is, it's not The Night Nurse. It's not even a little bit The Night Nurse. So what's this post doing here?

Because it's a step. I've taken a step toward The Night Nurse. And this weekend, I have to shoot a documentary. At the Bowery Ballroom. Of a Japanese band called GitoGito Hustler. And I've hired an interpreter, and I have to hire an extra camera, and cameraman. I have to see if my cinematographer is going to show up. And I have to get cleared to shoot at the Bowery by some guy named Johnny Beach (I shit you not).

So it's been busy, and I have to admit, sometimes I've been terrified. Because I spend the day at a job feeling like I'm wasting time when I could be producing this thing, and then when I actually produce, I have to psych myself up to do it.

So I recite to myself a little bit of the Bene Gesserit Littainy against Fear:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Shit, man, sometimes I think of getting that tattooed on my left forearm so I can read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home