Thursday, February 22, 2007

I've been working on the story boards for the short film with a friend of mine. I think I've written that before, but if I haven't, well, there you are. Anyway, she's amazing as an artist, but with life getting in the way, things have been slow going.

One thing that's come up, of course, is telling her what I want in the frame, and how I want it seen. In the end, of course, this is just going to be a reference, a look at what I basically want out of the image on the screen, so it's not set in stone.

But I had to communicate a lot of information to her when I took notes. So what I did was I went to fateoftheartist.blogspot.com, which is the blog of Eddie Campbell, the guy who drew From Hell, the comic book. A few weeks ago - probably longer at this point - he posted some of the scripts that Alan Moore would send to him for the panels. One page worth of From Hell the comic book was translated from 9 pages of notes! At least, it was 9 pages after I copied, pasted and printed it in Word.

So I don't feel bad about sending my artist two or three pages of notes for every pages of dialogue and action in the script. Once more of the storyboard gets made, I'll post some of the images, and even the animated version of it.

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home